5.22.2009

Grass Killer

Sprayed Roundup Thursday on the section of lawn between the street and the sidewalk. I've had a lot of trouble with weeds and a poor grass mix in that area, so I'm going to reseed it after everything dies off. The label says you can replant in 3 days, but it seems to me, I've been told it's better to wait a week. It will depend on the weather, I suppose.

One thing I regret is that I used the hose-sprayer to apply the Roundup instead of a spray canister. You have to set the dial for six ounces per gallon and it came out way faster than I was anticipating. I was half-way done with the section of lawn and realized I'd already used about 3/4ths of the concentrate, so I had to hurry just to get some down on the rest of it. I'll probably end up with a really good kill on the first half and I'll have to spot treat the rest. Oh well. You learn something new every day.

I'll keep you updated on the progress with some pictures in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

turf for lawns said...

This seems to be a great site which offers lawn turf supplies, lawn turf grass, lawn turf suppliers,lturf for lawns, grass brisbane, palmetto grass, varieties of grass, lawns grass, lawn & turf, lawn turf, turf lawn, turf suppliers etc. and I would surely like to try their service...I had been relying on http://www.hanceysturf.com.au earlier and they too offered good services.